NEW AYSO BOARD ELECTED FOR THE TOWN OF EASTON, CT
Easton, CT April 16, 2016. In a board meeting attended by current AYSO Board members, AYSO regional commissioners from Trumbull and Bridgeport, AYSO Area personnel and interested citizens of Easton a new AYSO Regional Board for Easton, CT was unanimously selected. The new board consists of the following volunteers from Easton CT:
Regional Commissioner - Robert Klem
Treasurer - Bill Andrews
Coach & Referee Administrator - Pat Keane
Registrar - Christine Calvert
Assistant Registrar - Jon Stinson
Safety Director - Adam Parker
Child & Volunteer Protection Advocate - Jon Stinson
Auditor - Bob Kelly
AYSO was founded in 1964 and is a non-profit organization that provides youth soccer programs for participants all over the United States and internationally in the Virgin Islands and Trinidad and Tobago. Consisting of over 50,000 teams and 500,000 players nationwide, AYSO is one of the leading youth soccer organizations in the world. It is often called “the biggest soccer club in the world.” AYSO vision is very simple - To provide world class youth soccer programs that enrich children’s lives. AYSO mission is - To develop and deliver quality youth soccer programs which promote a fun, family environment based on six philosophies:
The AYSO program in Easton is one of the strongest in the area with a proud legacy of community involvement. With many new dedicated board members, the new board plans to strengthen the AYSO program through better defined coaching strategy, player development and increased participation. The new AYSO board encourages all interested people to get involved. All meetings are open to the public and times and dates can be found at www.eastonayso.org
To find out more information about Easton AYSO or to register to play or become a volunteer please go to www.eastonayso.org or contact Robert Klem at (917) 699-8739
by: Easton AYSO
Dear AYSO Families,
Easton AYSO is officially slated to open this Saturday, April 16th.
Thank you for signing up with Easton AYSO for this upcoming season. We hope you and your children have a great time.
We are in the process of finalizing schedules, rosters, etc.
Here are some things you should be aware of:
1. Opening Day is this Saturday, for all teams except U10 Boys and U12 girls. All practices will start the week following Opening Day (except for U5 and U6, who do not have separate practice days).
2. Team rosters, game schedules and field locations will be posted on our website by this Friday. The website is:
eastonayso.org (NOT eayso.org, the website on which you registered).
You should be able to go on the website and find your kid’s team (which will be denoted by Team Coach, or team number. U5 and U6 will eventually be referred to by team t-shirt color).
3. U5 division (team rosters are on the website). U5 will be held at Lower Morehouse (the big field FARTHER AWAY from Samuel Staples Elementary School (“SSES”) – the entrance to which is on Morehouse Road, across from Candee farm (not the SSES entrance). Candee farm address is 488 Morehouse Road. It will start at 9:00 and end at 10:00. Please bring t-shirts from last season session. New players will get t-shirts on Saturday morning, please arrive a little earlier this Saturday. Kids should wear cleats, shinguards, shorts, high socks and bring water.
4. U6 division (team rosters are on the website) – same details as U5, except session starts at 10:15 and ends 11:15. New players will receive t-shirts this Saturday.
5. U8 boys and U8 girls (U8 boys AND U8 girls rosters and game schedules are on the website) - will play on Lower Staples, the lower level field which abuts SSES. Please park inSSES parking lot and walk over. Games will be at either 8:30 or 9:45 (specific teams schedules will be posted shortly). IF YOU ARE A NEW U8 PLAYER, PLEASE PICK UP YOU REVERSIBLE (RED/WHITE) JERSEY AT THE “SOCCER POST” (1867 Blackrock Turnpike). If you have one from last year/season that’s fine. If you can’t get to the SOCCER POST, please be ready to come to games with red AND white t-shirt from home. Kids should wear cleats, shinguards, shorts, high socks and bring water. Practice for both boys and girls U8 starts NEXT week, see the website for details.
6. U10 boys and U10 girls, we have two U10 boys teams and two U10 girls teams.
Boys will have first game next Saturday (4/23). Games times and locations are listed on website. Girls will have first game this Saturday (4/16). Game times and locations are listed on website.
Practice for both boys and girls starts next week. See the website for details.
All U10s wear reversible (red/white) jerseys (SEE SOCCER POST note above).
Please see eastonayso.org website for all roster/team/game and practice scheduling information.
Players should wear cleats, shinguards, shorts, high socks and bring water.
7. There is one Girls U12 team.
Practices will start next week, on Wednesday at Staples field, from 4:00 to 5:30
Game schedule is not yet ready, but it is most likely first game will be next Saturday, April
23rd (NOT this Saturday, April 16th)
All U12s wear reversible (red/white) jerseys (SEE SOCCER POST note above).
Players should wear cleats, shinguards, shorts, high socks and bring water (and keep warm clothing handy).
8. There are two U14-U16 Super Teams. As always, Mark Roman will be in communication with you, in regards to games and practice.
9. In regards to inclement weather: Our website (eastonayso.org) will list whether fields are CLOSED by 7:30 AM of each Saturday (see the scrolling, horizontal message towards the top of the homepage. Today we have a "Easton fields are open" message - so that you become familiar with website location for field closures - note: going forward we will only post FIELD CLOSURES). So once again, please become familiar with the website, we really need parents to rely on it for their AYSO informational needs.
Games are on, GO AYSO!!
by: Easton AYSO